Re: Packages with /outdated/ packaging style

On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 05:54:12PM +0000, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> Lucas Nussbaum <lucas <at> debian.org> writes:
>
> > qa-helper_classic_debhelper.txt (3647 packages)
> >
> >    The package is still using "classic" debhelper (no dh, no CDBS).
>
> Note that this is not a problem in the package, and there is absolutely
> no requirement to act on this.

Not in the package itself but it could simplify team maintenance / NMUs.

> dh exists to optimise the common case,
> with some limited amount of extendability, but in some cases, dh5 style
> works better and/or ensures more legible debian/rules files than dh7 style.

s?ensures more legible debian/rules?ensures less legible debian/rules?

:-P

Just for the record: I'm currently touching all those packages
maintained by Debian Med and not uploaded for >3 years.  Some last
remainings of dh5 were removed and some other issues solved.  I admit
all of these "long time not uploaded" packages had some issues that
rectify a new upload.  IMHO also debian/compat < 9 is another good
reason since automatic build time testing is not done if existing.  I
would suspect packages with dh5 style as compat level below 9 - may
be another check should be done for this.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de