Re: armel after Stretch (was: Summary of the ARM ports BoF at DC16)

On Sat, 2016-12-17 at 09:45 +0100, Wouter Verhelst wrote:

> Yes, but that still says:

Ack.

> I think a proper procedure should involve a script that:
>
> - is packaged in Debian;

Ack.

> - checks whether the hardware it's running on has all the hardware
>   requirements for the new architecture

apt show arch-test

> - is properly tested to work in (almost) all situations;

jenkins.d.n would be the place to put full-system cross-grading tests.
piuparts would be the place to put per-package cross-grading tests.

> - is a properly supported way to move from one ABI to another.

What do you mean by "properly supported"?

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise