Re: Getting DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH from maintscripts

On 2016-12-15 22:50 +0100, Mathieu Parent (Debian) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to have access to $DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH in prerm and postinst to
> create the appropriate symlink with update-alternatives.
>
> What is the best way to do this?

Depend on dpkg-dev and use dpkg-architecture?

dpkg-architecture -q DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH

I don't know of a better way.

There has been some talk of making dpkg-architecture available in
plain dpkg for exactly this sort of thing, but I don't see a bug about
it, and it needs gcc to do its job IIRC.

Wookey
http://wookware.org/