Re: future of Debian amavisd-milter package

Hi

On 08-12-16 23:24, Christoph Biedl wrote:
> Although I'm not a user of that package, I consider removing it from
> stretch the wrong thing to do.

Opinions differ. I raised the issue of removing more packages from
Debian a while ago and got different responses.¹

If nobody is maintaining such a package and the package is not trivial,
IMHO it may be better to not ship. Until now I am not convinced that
shipping "not severely broken" packages is a service. I remember in the
past that I had choice of multiple packages doing approximately the same
thing and several were in bad shape. I wasted time on figuring out which
one actually worked reasonably well. At the time (long ago), it didn't
occur to me yet to file bugs, but the example stuck with me.

Paul
PS, @Paul Wise, I am still waiting for a response to my question on WHY
in message https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2016/08/msg00521.html :)

¹