Re: OpenSSL 1.1.0

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 11:11:09AM +0100, Tino Mettler wrote:
> At the end I noticed that Qt will stay at 1.0 (by glancing into the
> changelog of the relevant upload) which means that my package also has
> to to stay at 1.0 and the whole excitement resulted in just a changed
> build-dep.

I'm not so sure about this any more:

In https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=844018 Stepan
Golosunov wrote that according to his understanding of dlsym(3), it
should be fine to link a program with OpenSSL 1.1 and Qt at the same
time, even though Qt links to OpenSSL 1.0.

Can somebody who knows OpenSSL, Qt and dlopen/dlsym well enough confirm
that?

If that's true, it would (IMHO) be a major step towards a timely release
of stretch with OpenSSL 1.1 as the default version.

Jan