Re: OpenSSL 1.1.0

On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 13:10:40 +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:

[...]

> Is everyone aware that this choice is per-cluster and not per-package?

Hi,

one of my packages uses OpenSSL and Qt.  I tried to inform upstream
regarding the plans for 1.1 in Stretch because the package FTBFS with
1.1 as it uses a lot of structures that got opaque (which requires some
non-trivial changes).  It wasn't that easy to get the current state and
plans for the transition when digging in bug reports, changelogs,
mailing lists and helpful hints I got on IRC by accident.

At the end I noticed that Qt will stay at 1.0 (by glancing into the
changelog of the relevant upload) which means that my package also has
to to stay at 1.0 and the whole excitement resulted in just a changed
build-dep.

I was somewhat puzzled that I did not read anything about the whole
subject at debian-devel-announce, as it is not one of the usual
transitions.

Regards,
Tino