Re: OpenSSL 1.1.0

On Sunday, November 20, 2016 12:49:13 AM Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 19, 2016 at 10:32:58PM +0100, Ondrej Novy wrote:
> > Hi,

> > > Chacha20 would be a new feature. Following the policy that can't
> > > be added in a 1.0.2 version, only bugs get fixed in it.
> >
> > yep, they don't add new feature, but break API between 1.1.0b->c  release:
> > https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=844366
> > https://github.com/openssl/openssl/issues/1903
>
> This is being fixed.

Great.  Would it be possible to revert this change in Debian for now so that
1.1.0 can get to Testing and stop blocking other changes that have been built
against openssl 1.1?  I have a package on the autoremoval list that can't get
to Testing until it does.  I know I can periodically comment on the bug in
question, but it'd be nicer just to have the fix migrate.

Scott K