Re: OpenSSL 1.1.0

On Mi, Nov 16, 2016 at 02:31:28 +0100, Marco d'Itri wrote:
ChaCha20 is hardly obscure: if it is to you then I fear that your
opinion on this issue is not informed enough to be useful.

It doesn’t matter in the end.

If no one wants to delay the next release until all applications support OpenSSL 1.1.0 in a secure way even is upstream may not be interested in patching the software for now then we can’t have version 1.1.0.

And there is still the problem that 1.1.0 is not supported as long as the available LTS version.

Many greetings,

	Stephan

--
| Public Keys: http://fsing.rootsland.net/~stse/keys.html |