Re: OpenSSL 1.1.0

There is a large number of packages currently build-depending on
openssl 1.0 explicitly.
Supporting dual-stack 1.0 & 1.1 openssl is a lot of work.
In Ubuntu, I have reverted the 1.1 migration, and forced 1.0 to be
used and provided by both libssl-dev & libssl1.0-dev packages.
This was done after a consensus consultation with some of the ubuntu
developers, archive admins, and security team.
If the transition in Debian goes really well, I see Ubuntu picking it
up for 17.10. Realistically, I see it for the 18.04 LTS cycle.

--
Regards,

Dimitri.