Re: More 5 november in the release schedule

On Thu, 10 Nov 2016 07:37:00 +0000, Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net>
wrote:
> * As James noted; sending an update to the bug will reset the timer.

Did I miss the documentation about this? It does not seem to be in the
freeze policy.

> * Also, if you do not have time for a given bug, please consider
>   tagging it "help", so your fellow contributors know that you need
>   help.  That tag shows up on all RC bugs views I know of.

How many bugs tagged help actually go get help?

> * For more extreme cases (death, mowed by bus, sudden long term
>   illness, etc), the replacement maintainer can ask for an exception.
>   (per [freeze policy])

That'll hold for less than a percent of the removals.

>"""
>The release managers may make exceptions to these guidelines as they see
>fit. *Such exceptions are not precedents and you should not assume that
>your package has a similar exception*. Please talk to us if you need
>guidance.
>"""
>(Emphasis from original - 3rd paragraph from the top)

This is a quite nice opportunity to say something like "you haven't
been nice enough to us in the past or you have dared to speak up when
you didn't like what we did, so you're free to take a hike with your
package, have a nice day".

I find that unnecessarily humiliating and will probably not do this
and rather live without my package in stable for this release.

Greetings
Marc