Re: More 5 november in the release schedule

On Thu, 10 Nov 2016 08:36:21 +0100, Ole Streicher <olebole@debian.org>
wrote:
>Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> writes:
>> On Tue, Nov 08, 2016 at 11:05:59AM +0100, Christian Seiler wrote:
>>> 30 days within the deep freeze should be plenty enough - and as I
>>> said: if the problem is more complicated, just talk to the release
>>> team _while the package is still in testing_.
>>
>> Let's say I'm on holiday (or I get hit by a bus and end up in hospital,
>> or I get a major project at work which eats up all my time, or whatnot)
>> and I don't notice for a while that a package that I maintain gets an RC
>> bug. The automated machinery throws the package out before I have time
>> to work on the package again. Now what?
>
>This is a good argument for team maintenance. :-)

Why is Libreoffice not team maintained, for example? Where is the KDE
team doing bug triaging? There are less important packages where the
maintainer has been searching for help to work in a team for years
without success.

And instead of relieving those people, they now get responsible for
their dependencies as well if their maintainers are overworked as well
if they want their packages to be in stretch.

Greetings
Marc