Re: Debian Installer Stretch Alpha 8 release

Control: severity 843073 important

On Sat, 2016-11-12 at 18:37:52 +0100, Guillem Jover wrote:
> On Sat, 2016-11-12 at 16:24:32 +0100, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> > Important change in this release of the installer
> >
> >  * debootstrap now defaults to merged-/usr, that is with /bin, /sbin,
> >    /lib* being symlinks to their counterpart in /usr (more details on:
> >    https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2016/09/msg00269.html).
>
> This has caused build issues with dpkg-shlibdeps (#843073) on some
> architectures, which was a known problem (#810499) at the time of
> the default switch. :(
>
> As I'm told the buildds regenerate the chroots every couple of weeks (?),
> which means several of those buildds will most probably start failing,
> I'd appreciate if the proponents of this change could either help
> Felipe Sateler (many thanks to him for working on this!) to track down
> and find an acceptable solution for dpkg-shlibdeps, or revert the change
> in debootstrap.

Ok, Mattia Rizzolo tells me (thanks!) that it's actually twice per
week, and that the debootstrap used is from jessie so this should not
be such a big deal for the Debian buildds. I'm thus lowering the
severity. All other comments still apply though.

> Otherwise I guess I might just reassign the dpkg-shlibdeps bug to both
> usrmerge and debootstrap.

Thanks,
Guillem