Re: What to do when a maintainer is blocking maintenance for stretch?

Hi!

On Wed, 2016-11-09 at 12:12:43 +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Peter Colberg writes ("What to do when a maintainer is blocking maintenance for stretch?"):
> > Improving the package would require significant changes that are not
> > appropriate for a minimal NMU. With the maintainer not responding to
> > anything other than MIA requests to retain their maintainer status,
> > is there any other way to get the package back in shape for stretch?
>
> The advice from Emilio to upload your proposed big changes to
> DELAYED/10 is probably good.

Yes. Or fill the bug reports with patches. Or find someone who knows the
maintainer who can perhaps mediate. Or bring it over to debian-devel. And
probably report it again to MIA. :)

> In theory you should ask the Technical Committee to depose the
> maintainer.

Peter, I'd urge you to not invoke the tech-ctte (pretty much never, but
even less so in cases like this!).

Using the tech-ctte for human disputes is the Thunderdome approach to
conflict resolution. The show will be bloody and messy with lots of
chainsaws, iff the contender(s) get out of the dome at all, they will
surely carry scars, and you might or might not get a winner, after
all Tina Turner is the one who will decide who wins anyway…

Regards,
Guillem