Re: More 5 november in the release schedule

On Wed, 09 Nov 2016 at 17:03:45 +1100, Brian May wrote:
> Another situation: You are not listed as the maintainer of the package
> you really care about, and the real maintainer ignores the autoremoval
> notifications. Other people looking at the package bug reports (there
> may be none) may not realize it is pending autoremoval.

I would recommend <https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/hello> for all your
"what is going on with this package?" needs. (I have a shortcut for it
set up in my browser, so I just type "debpts hello" into the URL bar -
the name is leftover muscle-memory from when the shortcut sent me to the
older PTS interface <http://packages.qa.debian.org/hello>.)

If you particularly care about a package, subscribing to it (also available
from the tracker) will get you the same notifications that maintainers get.
I am not actually the Maintainer of record for most of my packages
(because they're team-maintained and I'm just an Uploader) so I rely on
this for normal maintenance.