Re: More 5 november in the release schedule

Quoting Christoph Biedl (2016-11-07 19:02:17)
> If I understood some remarks in IRC correctly: Filing an RC bug after
> hard freeze may lead to immediate and thus irrevocable removal from
> stretch[citation needed]. If this was true, a malicious attacker could
> abuse this to kick arbitrary packages through exaggerated bug
> severities. I fail to believe this would really work.

I believe such cases are best addressed by simply requesting the release
team to consider override their automated machinery.

I guess their automated routines are intended as an aid in a) reduce
manual work and b) reduce disputes by making general logic transparent,
but not (at least yet) for the processing to be fully automatic.

 - Jonas