Re: More 5 november in the release schedule

Ian Jackson wrote...

> There's still big spikes in work for our core teams around deadlines,
> so it's still best if people sort their stuff out earlier, but the new
> arrangements are a big improvement IMO.

ACK, and also looking at the way removals were handled in the past
months (Like long grace periods and lots of warnings), I am very
confident the release team will handle stretch in a sane and also
sensible way.

If I understood some remarks in IRC correctly: Filing an RC bug after
hard freeze may lead to immediate and thus irrevocable removal from
stretch[citation needed]. If this was true, a malicious attacker could
abuse this to kick arbitrary packages through exaggerated bug
severities. I fail to believe this would really work.

    Christoph