Re: Intended MBF: maintainer scripts not starting on #!

On Fri, 04 Nov 2016, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> If I would report hundreds of "dpkg-buildpackage -A" FTBFS bugs against
> stable, would you consider that a valuable contribution to unhide problems?

Packages in stable must build in stable.  If a package from stable FTBFS
in stable, then yes, you should report these bugs: they are relevant for
stable updates and security updates.

But when you do that, you should also check whether the issue was fixed
in unstable (i.e. the unstable package builds in unstable), and properly
record the issue as fixed by the version on unstable (or by the real
version that fixed it, if you care to/can track that down).

--
  Henrique Holschuh