restructuring debian-policy (was Re: Intended MBF: maintainer scripts not starting on #!)

On Fri, Nov 04, 2016 at 06:15:43PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Policy is currently written like a normal instruction manual.  This has a
> lot of real merit, but for quite some time I've thought that it may be
> worth the effort to figure out how to structure it in a somewhat more
> formal way, so that each requirement is clearly spelled out as a
> requirement with both severity and certainty noted.  It would eliminate a
> lot of ambiguity that comes from trying to draft rules in free-form text.

Thanks for bringing up this problem on -devel and describing it so
clearly!

> Of course, then I started running short on time to spend on such grand,
> sweeping projects.  :(

of course :)

do you think this is something which could be re-started at say DebConf
(or probably better, DebCamp), or a dedicated debian-policy sprint?

would anybody else be interested to spend time+work on this?

--
cheers,
	Holger