Re: unattended-upgrades by default?

Guido Günther, 2016-11-04 12:26:51 +0100 :

[...]

> Please do. We should also enable needsrestart, whatmaps, checkrestart
> or similar to restart affected services after these upgrades otherwise
> the e.g. openssl update might go without effect until openssh, bind,
> <younameit> get restarted manually or rebooted.

Tangentially related: is there something similar for kernels?  My
monitoring setup currently compares the age of the most recent file in
/boot with the uptime, but I feel there must be something more proper
somewhere.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Indépendant en informatique libre -- Free software freelance
http://www.gnurandal.com/