Re: Next steps for gitlab.debian (Re: GitLab B.V. to host free-software GitLab for Debian project)

On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 07:47:48PM +0200, Alexander Wirt wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Jul 2016, Antonio Terceiro wrote:

> > > I also looked into pagure and I see two problems: it is not packaged
> > > [...]
> >
> > Note that DSA does not need/want the service software itself packaged, only
> > its dependencies.
>
> Yeah, I know about it. But packaged software (or at least its deps), really
> helps.

Point of clarification: we don't expect software that is written just for
Debian (snapshot.debian.org and udd.debian.org come to mind) to be packaged.

We would prefer other software (gitlab, pagure, etc.) to be packaged, if
possible; surely this software is useful to our community and having it
packaged is worthwhile.

--
Luca Filipozzi
http://www.crowdrise.com/SupportDebian