Re: dpkg-genchanges warning for -dbgsym packages

Hi!

On Wed, 2016-05-04 at 02:06:56 +0200, Iustin Pop wrote:
> I'm very glad for the automatic debug packages, but I wonder if I'm
> doing something wrong since I get this warning:
>
>     dpkg-genchanges: warning: package foo-dbgsym listed in files list
> 	but not in control info
>
> The package is generated, so this mostly seems like a harmless warning.
> I checked but I don't see any bug about it, and searching the internet
> turns out nothing. Thoughts?

This warning has been supressed now in dpkg 1.18.8 by hardcoding the
package name pattern, which is rather ugly, but it's better than
confusing maintainers for something that works as intended. I'll
switch it to use the Auto-Built-Package field which is more generic.

Thanks,
Guillem