Re: Are two Vcs-{Git|Svn|...} and Vcs-Browser fields sensible?

On Sun, Jan 31, 2016 at 08:20:20AM -0200, Tiago Ilieve wrote:
> On 31 January 2016 at 07:47, Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk> wrote:
> > Instead of introducing new flags, I suggest to extend existing flags to
> > support "relative URLs" which are somewhere within Debian.
> >
> > E.g. the following:
> >
> >   Vcs-Git: git://anonscm.debian.org/pkg-perl/packages/ciderwebmail
> >   Vcs-Browser: https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-perl/packages/ciderwebmail.git
> >
> > ...could - because it uses Debian infrastructure - be shortened:
> >
> >   Vcs-Git: pkg-perl/packages/ciderwebmail
> >
> >  * Vcs-Git without a colon would (currently, may change in future)
> >    expand to git://anonscm.debian.org/$relative_url
>
> Preferably expanded to "https://"; instead of "git://", following what
> has been discussed here in the beginning of the month[1][2].

I really like Jonas' enhancement of the original idea.  And for sure
the sense is to implement any current or future discussion in one
rush without any need to change debian/control files (after any new
discussion or changes in the infrastructure).

In principle we could also fix old and "very old" style Vcs URIs and
make sure proper URIs will end up at the consumers side.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de