Re: support for merged /usr in Debian

On Thu, Dec 31, 2015 at 1:30 PM, Marco d'Itri <md@linux.it> wrote:
> On Dec 31, Marc Haber <mh+debian-devel@zugschlus.de> wrote:
>
>> Please consider keeping support for separate /usr as it is done today.
>> Mounting /usr in initrd is an acceptable workaround.
> The whole point of the merged /usr scheme is to support a separate /usr
> file system, except that this way it is actually useful because you also
> move /{bin,sbin,lib}/ in it.

Yes I have some question. You do not answered point given in #767754
about dpkg-divert. Moreover guillem and me consider that symlinking
lib is evil.

Could you answer to https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=767754#47

And minimally give us the snippet of maint script used. We have some
doubt about safety at deinstall time (it will need review)

Moreover adding lintian check is really needed, in order to avoid
reintroducing bugs.

Bastien