Re: How shall I report a bug in the .deb packaging itself?

Luis Felipe Tabera Alonso:
aptitude why $packagename

Oh! this is very useful!

David Kalnischkies:
> It is not a good idea to perform autoremoves unattended for situations
> in which you have installed A (gui) depends B (console) depends
> C (data), but later decide that you don't like A.

What if:
- "remove" removes a package and all the unused depends, recommends and suggests. - but before removing asks the user to exclude packages from the removal, and from that moment marks those as installed by the user.
- "autoremove" only removes depends.

David Kalnischkies:
> After 6 years I think I have enough 'battle' experience to say that
> even I have still ideas which look good on paper only... and its good
> that others put a stop to such ideas before those ideas have a chance
> to hurt me (and I can assure you, I implemented ideas which never
> should have been and now taunt me by their mere existence).

Imagine that we have the perfect way to innovate. That we have decided slowly along with other people, the change is small, we have put it on test as prototype, and the outcome seems to be very positive.

Would that make us get rid of complains?