Re: How shall I report a bug in the .deb packaging itself?

On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 04:37:40PM +0100, Alberto Salvia Novella wrote:
> Julian Andres Klode:
> > Usually it is a Suggests from another existing package.
>
> If I run "apt-cache depends gnome-shell", it says:
> Recommends: gdm
> Breaks: gdm
>
> Is this normal, having a package both as recommended and as breaking?

It does not show you version numbers. gnome-shell recommends gdm,
because it works best with it, and breaks old gdm versions it does
not work with.

--
Julian Andres Klode  - Debian Developer, Ubuntu Member

See http://wiki.debian.org/JulianAndresKlode and http://jak-linux.org/.

When replying, only quote what is necessary, and write each reply
directly below the part(s) it pertains to (`inline'). Thank you.