Re: How shall I report a bug in the .deb packaging itself?

Julian Andres Klode:
> If A suggests B, and you install B in some way, you may have come to
> rely on the fact that A is extended by B on your system.
> Automatically removing B could thus cause an unexpected loss of
> functionality.

The point I do not understand is why after removing A, being A the only that recommends B from all the packages installed by the user, B is still considered needed.

Is it because a previously installed package recommends B but didn't install it? Or because the new set up makes the dependency tree to recommend itself?