Re: Can I suppress automatic creation of -dbgsym packages?

On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 6:24 AM, Niels Thykier wrote:
> Dirk Eddelbuettel:
>> My analysis may have been premature. This may all be addressable when
>> creating a new debian/control entry.  If so shouldn't the build abort when
>> there is no new debian/control entry?
>
> I am sorry, I am not sure what you are asking.  Perhaps you could tell
> me in details what you are hoping to achieve?

He appears to be assuming that every -dbgsym package will have an
entry in debian/control from the source package. As I understand it,
since these are *automatic* debug packages, debian/control isn't
involved and debhelper does everything automatically.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise