Can I suppress automatic creation of -dbgsym packages?

Hi all,

I was just updating one of my several dozen r-cran-* packages. These all use
the same (source) r-cran.mk script shipped with the main R packages.

And now all of sudden it wants to build a -dbgsym package.

That may not be such a good idea for the several hundred r-cran-* packages.
I have been looking around the Deverloper Reference and Wiki (plus Google
searches) but not found a way to suppress this.  What am I missing?

Thanks for any hints.

Dirk

--
http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd@debian.org