Re: Rename security suite to *-security

Hi Ansgar

On Sat, Dec 19, 2015 at 03:08:09PM +0100, Ansgar Burchardt wrote:
> * Rename */updates to *-security, starting with the next stable release.
>   This gets rid of the confusion of */updates vs. *-updates.

Please do.

> * Rename the components updates/{main,contrib,non-free} to just
>   {main,contrib,non-free}.  This is both confusing and not well
>   supported in dak: as its only used on the security archive, it gets
>   even less testing than the rest of the code and breaks if anything
>   relevant changed.  Having the same names allows to eventually remove
>   the code for this.

Would it be possible to provide the files in dists in both locations?
I'm not sure if apt would properly cope with that, but it would make
the transition easier, especially in automated environments, which
generate such stuff and differences are a bit annoying.

The location in pool is always fixed in the Packages/Sources file, so
this can remain the same.

Regards,
Bastian

--
Humans do claim a great deal for that particular emotion (love).
		-- Spock, "The Lights of Zetar", stardate 5725.6