Re: Upcoming version of apt-file - using apt-acquire and incompatibilities

* Tollef Fog Heen <tfheen@err.no> [151207 00:17]:
> ]] David Kalnischkies
>
> > [And before someone complains about PDiff being slow in apt based on
> > some years old experience: The PDiff handling was changed nearly two
> > years ago… – and apt-file was using PDiffs before already, so no real
> > change there]
>
> Does this mean apt now will only download a single file, regardless of
> whether it's grabbing the updates a pdiff or full packages file?  In the
> past, the problem for me has been that you end up being latency-bound,
> rather than bandwidth-bound.

I set Acquire::Pdiffs::FileLimit "3"; and have been much happier.  Why
this (or something near this) wasn't the default from the start, I don't
know.  The current default is an extremely poor choice.  Perhaps someone
should file a bug (serverity critical :-P) to get the default changed.

...Marvin