Re: Upcoming version of apt-file - using apt-acquire and incompatibilities

]] David Kalnischkies

> [And before someone complains about PDiff being slow in apt based on
> some years old experience: The PDiff handling was changed nearly two
> years ago… – and apt-file was using PDiffs before already, so no real
> change there]

Does this mean apt now will only download a single file, regardless of
whether it's grabbing the updates a pdiff or full packages file?  In the
past, the problem for me has been that you end up being latency-bound,
rather than bandwidth-bound.

--
Tollef Fog Heen