Re: Upcoming version of apt-file - using apt-acquire and incompatibilities

* David Kalnischkies <david@kalnischkies.de>, 2015-12-06, 13:01:
APT 1.1 is pretty clever in figuring out if a file was changed and for the 'giant' Contents files it actually benefitial to run the update more often as that means it can use the small PDiff files (a few KB each) to patch up a previous version of the file instead of downloading the entire file (~30 MB) again (as it would happen after ~2 weeks without an update)…

This works perfectly for binary packages' Contents, but (at least on my machine) APT downloads whole Contents-source every time.

There's clearly a bug somewhere (APT? dak?), but I don't have time to debug it further. I very rarely need Contents-source anyway, so I just disabled it in /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/50apt-file.conf.

--
Jakub Wilk