Re: Upcoming version of apt-file - using apt-acquire and incompatibilities

Le 05/12/2015 13:58, The Wanderer a écrit :
> On 2015-12-05 at 07:39, Niels Thykier wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> In the new version of apt-file (currently in experimental), we have changed/removed some features that will affect some packages.  Packages listed below are BCC'ed to this mail.

As there have been interface modifications, I would have been very pleased
if #525813 was fixed (ie a way to show package version and/or suite)

>> Notably:
>
>> * "apt-file update" will become a thin call to "apt update" - live-build uses this in a hook
>
> Will it still be possible to update just the apt-file index, separately from updating the main package index? I see no indication in the current apt(8) man page of a way to tell apt to do this.

Even if using "apt update", I do not wish to update the Contents each
time I do an "apt update". I just discovered with this thread that
"apt-get update" will do it. It is a significant download time by
default that wont be useful to lots of people.

  I just installed apt-file from experimental:
$ sudo apt-file update
[...]
582 Mo réceptionnés en 11min 12s (866 ko/s)
[...]
$

  Regards,
    Vincent

- --
Vincent Danjean       GPG key ID 0xD17897FA         vdanjean@debian.org
GPG key fingerprint: 621E 3509 654D D77C 43F5  CA4A F6AE F2AF D178 97FA
Unofficial pkgs: http://moais.imag.fr/membres/vincent.danjean/deb.html
APT repo:  deb http://people.debian.org/~vdanjean/debian unstable main