Re: sid on openvz

Le 04/12/2015 07:06, Paul Wise a écrit :
> On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 6:33 AM, James Cloos wrote:
>
>> The latest glibc update breaks most sid installs on (typically leased)
>> openvz platforms because it requires a newer kernel version that most
>> openvz vendors advertize.
>
> Is it possible for these vendors to switch to a newer version of Linux?

Perhaps they will be more willing to do it when consumers wont be able
to install the distribution they want on their VM.
  In France, a big hosting entreprise (OVH) offers virtual hosts for
2€ / month. These are VM on an old linux OpenVZ:
$ uname -r
2.6.32-042stab111.12
  I'm not sure when/if this offer will be upgraded.

  Regards,
    Vincent

--
Vincent Danjean       GPG key ID 0xD17897FA         vdanjean@debian.org
GPG key fingerprint: 621E 3509 654D D77C 43F5  CA4A F6AE F2AF D178 97FA