Re: Debian is not welcome on Microsoft Azure

On Sun, 2015-08-16 at 13:41 +1000, Dmitry Smirnov wrote:
> So naturally my client is concerned that by choosing Debian they
> won't have
> benefits of SLA like they would have if they choose Ubuntu because
> the latter
> is "endorsed".
>
> I'm not sure what can be done about this. Personally I'm reluctant to
> approach Microsoft (I believe DPL or representative of debian-cloud
> team may
> be a better person to do that) and I don't know how to challenge
> unfair
> endorsement when some parties already formed cartel to suit their
> interests...

I don't think there is a straight answer to it.

Support for community distributions is built, either in-house, or
through a consulting company.

Most companies want to partner a product company, set up a MoU, a legal
agreement, and then declare support.

With Debian, this will never apply because Debian does not have a 1-
800-SUPPORT number. Nor can one hold Debian accountable for not
resolving a problem per a defined SLA.