Re: Decreasing packaging overhead

On Sun, Nov 01, 2015 at 12:33:19PM -0800, Josh Triplett wrote:
> In the Packages files for binaries, we could eliminate a *massive*
> amount of redundancy by having a dedicated Packages file for "all", to
> avoid duplicating entries into every architecture's Packages file.

See [1]. However there is additional logic in dak that hides newer
arch:all packages if the corresponding binary has not been built yet.
(Or adds the older arch:all binary in addition?) That would no longer
be possible.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern

[1] http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/dists/sid/main/binary-all/Packages.gz
    Interesting if you need to know which arch:all need building given
    the constraint above.