Re: [DDEB] Status on automatic debug packages (2015-08-24)

Dnia 2015-09-20, nie o godzinie 19:38 +0200, Niels Thykier pisze:
[ cut ]
> > I added DH_BUILD_DDEBS = 1 to d/rules, changed dh_strip to use
> > --ddeb-migration and not -dbg-package, and removed *-dbg from
> > d/control.
> > After building I got python-pyopencl{3}-dbgsym*.dbg.
> > Those packages contained only /usr/lib/debug/.build-id/*.debug
> > files,
> > without /usr/lib/python*/dist-packages/*.so.
> >

> Indeed, as I concluded above in reply to Jean-Michel, this is the
> intentional behaviour - at least for now.
>
> > Is there something missing?
> > Files *.so with debugging symbols are built (there are lines
> > PYBUILD_DESTDIR_python2-dbg=debian/python-pyopencl-dbg/ in d/rules)
> > so IMO it's (just?) case of adding those to *-dggsym.deb files.
> >
> > Best regards.
> >

> I am open to adding those at a later stage.  Though at this point, I
> would really like to get ddebs into unstable, before we scope creep
> it
> any further.

Thanks for explanation.
For now I'll leave manual debug packages for Python.
At the same time - current DH with pybuilder build all necessary files
so as soon as DDEBs take Python-specific files into consideration
I'm ready to switch.

Best regards.

--
Tomasz Rybak  GPG/PGP key ID: 2AD5 9860
Fingerprint A481 824E 7DD3 9C0E C40A  488E C654 FB33 2AD5 9860