prevent-unattended-upgrades (was Re: system upgrade by systemd)

Michael Meskes <meskes <at> debian.org> writes:

> Who said the update failed? I want to make the decision as to when and
> how to update my system and I never want to see some stupid software

PSA: the src:mirabilos-support package¹ builds a growing number of
prevent-* packages; among them is prevent-unattended-upgrades, which,
following this thread, now hard depends on prevent-packagekit. It is
completely independent of the prevent-systemd-* ones, so can be used
in conjunction with any init system (remember, I was the “freedom of
choice” protagonist, not the devuan zealot).

Do note that there are likely many more packages in the archive that
can cause an unattended system upgrade, and the list of Conflicts in
prevent-unattended-upgrades is thus incomplete; feedback welcome.

If you do not wish to use this, sure, but for those who do, this is
an offer.

① e.g. from here:
http://www.mirbsd.org/~tg/Debs/dists/sid/wtf/Pkgs/mirabilos-support/

bye,