Re: Recommending packages not available in arch

IOhannes m zmölnig (Debian/GNU <umlaeute <at> debian.org> writes:

> my first reaction was that the intention of this paragraph is mainly to
> keep the system uncontaminated from non-free and contrib, but while the

I think that is correct. Furthermore, arch-qualifying Recommends
is not possible in an arch:all package, because they are expanded
at package build time (extremely surprising) not install time, so
I think you can probably Recommend a package not built for all
architectures. Just don't Depend on them, as that's a hard blocker
for installability, and don't Recommend things from !main.

bye,
//mirabilos