Re: [DDEB] Status on automatic debug packages (2015-08-24)

On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 02:28:05PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> I wonder how this list was arrived at.  Offhand, I see the libc6-dbg and
> python3.5-dbg packages are both in section 'debug', both of which are part
> of the build-dependency closure of main; I'm pretty sure we don't want them
> shunted to a separate archive.

Really good point; no one thought of this while we were sprinting on it.
Right, so, two things are now in.

nthykier has checked in a changeset to add a binary control header to
signal it's an autocreated debug package, and dak now uses that to check
to see if it should be diverted.

This means we *wont* see a great pickup in space by moving those super
ultra huge debs (like webkit's debug package) into the other mirror, but
I'm sure we can work something out with the maintainers.

Anyway, thanks for that. Patches made against dak and just getting some
testing locally now.

   Paul

--
 .''`.   Paul Tagliamonte <paultag@debian.org>    |   Proud Debian Developer