Re: Hosting offers for Debian development

On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 02:52:51PM +0000, Ian Jackson <ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:
> I recently had a need for a service machine, and DSA have been very
> helpful and constructive.
>
> I really recommend that if you have a similar need, you send an email
> to DSA explaining what you are trying to do (including the
> architecture of your service, etc., if that's not obvious).  I think
> they will help figure out how best to meet your needs.

Well, I am sure of that and didn't have doubts about it. Nevertheless,
I do think it would be quite helpful to publish at least some sort of
guidelines that developers should keep in mind while creating their
project, if they plan to be hosted on a DSA-managed machine eventually.
It also doesn't have to be exhaustive, but at least give an idea of
what is reasonable to expect and what are the general restrictions.

Regards,

--
Mehdi Dogguy