Re: Technical committee acting in gross violation of the Debian constitution

I have never really understood the reasons for this discussion.

I am not a system administrator ( at least none of a datacenter - just
for my home infrastructure, containing 3 machines ), and although I also
have a distribution running on one of those ( Arch ) which is using
systemd, I never realized any differences. In fact, if nobody ever told
me that Arch uses systemd - I wouldn't yet know that.

I am sorry if I reanimate any old discussions right now, but:

Can someone tell me the advantages ( and disadvantages ) of systemd ?
I'm about to leave Debian as an user - not because of systemd, but
because of that discussion.

The Debian distribution has actually lost 3 or 4 people. Devs,
TC-Members, ... and as I said in my first phrase, I didn't ever
understand why this discussion exists at all.