Re: Being part of a community and behaving

Chris Bannister <cbannister@slingshot.co.nz> writes:

> [the ‘wontfix’ tag] appears to be a misnomer then. I read 'wontfix' as
> "I'm not going to to fix it as I don't see it as a bug."

The official definition:

    wontfix
    This bug won't be fixed. Possibly because this is a choice between
    two arbitrary ways of doing things and the maintainer and submitter
    prefer different ways of doing things, possibly because changing the
    behaviour will cause other, worse, problems for others, or possibly
    for other reasons.

    <URL:https://www.debian.org/Bugs/Developer#tags>

leaves open the question of whether the maintainer considers the
reported behaviour a bug. There is no necessary implication to that
effect.

--
 \          “I got an answering machine for my phone. Now when someone |
  `\      calls me up and I'm not home, they get a recording of a busy |