Re: RFC: DEP-14: Recommended layout for Git packaging repositories

On Fri, 14 Nov 2014, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> The BTS needs it: it is the very base of version-aware bug state
> tracking. It builds the DAG by combining the DAGs extracted from the
> Debian changelogs of each branch of the package, AFAIK.

Speaking of which, one of the long standing ideas in my head has been to
connect the DAG of a VCS repository with the DAG that the BTS tracks,
and enable people to mark specific bugs as fixed in a specific series of
commits more easily.

If someone is interested in working on doing the plumbing and coding
necessary to make this possible, please contact owner@bugs.debian.org or
myself (dondelelcaro) in #debbugs on irc.debian.org.

No amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free
[...] You can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.
 -- Robert Heinlein _Revolt in 2010_ p54