Re: Being part of a community and behaving

Tobias Frost dijo [Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 05:22:18PM +0100]:
> >> I have just noticed your blog post on planet.debian.org:
> >> https://np237.livejournal.com/34598.html
> >
> > You lack any sense of humor, really!
>
> Sometimes, a joke is just inappropriate, regardless how funny it may seem.
> Sometimes, a joke is better not made, regardless how funny it is.
>
> We have enough bad karma these days, no need to pour gasoline on the fires.
>
> I assume we're all adults after all.
> Thanks.

Thanks, Tobias. And thanks, Bálint. I agree with you. Humor in Debian
is most often funny and welcome. But this specific topic has gone so
bitter that any bit of attempted humor can be read as a personal
attack. Joss, I don't think you meant ill by posting this message, but
it could not have had any possitive replies anyway!