Re: RFC: DEP-14: Recommended layout for Git packaging repositories

Raphael Hertzog writes ("Re: RFC: DEP-14: Recommended layout for Git packaging repositories"):
> +When you have good reasons to only store the `debian` packaging directory
> +(for example when the uptream sources are really huge and contains mostly
> +non-patchable data), you can do so but you should then document
> +this in `debian/README.source` along with some explanations of the tool
> +to use to build the package.

I think your document should be neutral on the choice between
packaging-only and all-inclusive workflows.

Personally I am a 100% all-inclusive partisan but it is clear that
not everyone agrees :-).

Your DEP will be most useful if it documents best practices for each
of the commonly found layouts.

Ian.