Re: A concerned user -- debian Guidelines

On 11/10/2014 at 08:34 AM, Matthias Urlichs wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The Wanderer:
>
>> Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, no one seems to be remotely
>> interested in trying to address or discuss that disagreement
>> directly...
>
> The problem is that, apparently, any 'support' short of "remove
> systemd from Debian NOW" will not shut up the most vocal detractors.

The most extremist objectors, no, but I've seen very few people taking
that extreme of a position.

That wasn't my point, however; my point was about defining terminology
so that it is clear what is meant (and possibly finding terminology that
is not as readily subject to ambiguity or intentional
misinterpretation), not - or at least not immediately - about modifying
definitions to satisfy objectors.

>> The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable
>> one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore
>> all progress depends on the unreasonable man.         -- George
>> Bernard Shaw
>>
> Interpreting this quote in light of our systemd discussion (<= this
> word intentionally not quoted) is left as an exercise for the
> reader.

The ambiguity as to which side of the discussion this supports is very
much intentional on my part. I personally think it probably supports
both of them, in different lights.

--
   The Wanderer