Re: so long and thanks for all the fish

On 11/07/14 23:04, Joey Hess wrote:
It's become abundantly clear that this is no longer the project I
originally joined in 1996. We've made some good things, and I wish
everyone well, but I'm out.

Extremely sad to read this, Joey. The few times we've crossed paths, I've enjoyed working with you (and on your ideas) incredibly. And of course I am -as we are all- enjoying the fruits of your efforts, on a daily basis. It's a big loss to the project.

I have to say though, I share your sentiments to a very large degree: I am, too, quite disappointed from Debian's current state of affairs. More to the point, I am, too, quite disappointed by the current behavior of the CTTE and by extension, its members.

If the CTTE needs to exist as a body, I am at least expecting from both the committee as a whole but from its individual members as well, to remain objective, act in a calm, wise and prudent manner, mediate, put out fires & unite the project. We've seen some pretty reckless and divisive behavior this past year that would be unacceptable for any member of the project, let alone a CTTE member.

I don't have high respect for the committee as a whole right now and this is probably the opposite of how it should be. This is clearly a difficult time for the project and, unfortunately, the CTTE is in the middle of this debate and I believe it has actively made things worse. I don't think the CTTE members share this blame equally (not by a long shot), but especially considering the fact that it's a self-moderated body, noone is innocent here.

Best,
Faidon