Migration from cron to cron-daemon?

Hi!

I sent the attached message to debian-release, but I was told to ask in debian-devel.

So here is the mail.

Shade and sweet water!

	Stephan

--
| Stephan Seitz          E-Mail: stse@fsing.rootsland.net |
| Public Keys: http://fsing.rootsland.net/~stse/keys.html |

Is there currently a migration from „cron” to „cron-daemon” as virtual package?

New packages like brcon-run don’t provide cron anymore but cron-daemon. And many packages like exim4-base or mgetty-fax haven’t changed their dependencies (and other packages their recommends).

Some packages have already bug reports for this case. But shouldn’t this be a reason for a mass bug filling?

Shade and sweet water!

	Stephan