Re: Help request: intel-microcode and old Intel processors

On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 03:49:06PM -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:

> I'd like to know whether the kernel microcode update is working well on some
> of the older Intel 32-bit processors or not.  These computers were sold
> between years 2000 and 2010.
>
> This information will be used to decide the level of microcode update
> support for these processors on the next non-free release (Jessie).

I have a couple of laptops that could probably qualify, but they're both
running Wheezy and I can't update them to testing / unstable.

Would running the above commands on Wheezy be of any help to you?

Have a nice day.

--
Andrea Bolognani <eof@kiyuko.org>